"batch script" raster_export (KMZ) VS manual raster export (KMZ): different .KML(s) and poor quality

paopenpaopen Posts: 1
In Global Mapper (GM) I've got my workspace loaded.. and I run a script that does nothing more than "EXPORT_RASTER" to KMZ. The origin rasters loaded in GM (.ecw format) will be cropped and saved in different separate .kmz(s) using a grid (polygon shapefile). This is the script:
GLOBAL_MAPPER_SCRIPT VERSION=1.00
SET_LOG_FILE FILENAME="H:\temp\GlobalMapperScriptLogCapoluoghi.txt"
EXPORT_RASTER FILENAME="H:\Lavoro\_dati\Regioni\_Ortofoto_capoluoghi regione\_kmz\.kmz" \
TYPE=KML \
KML_RASTER_FORMAT=JPG \
KML_SUPER_OVERLAY=YES \
KML_TILE_SIZE=1024 \
POLYGON_CROP_FILE="H:\Lavoro\_dati\QU_ritagli_capoluoghi.shp" \
POLYGON_CROP_USE_EACH=YES \
POLYGON_CROP_NAME_ATTR="<Feature Name>" 

Everything works fine but.... when I load the .kmz(s) created with the batch-script in Google Earth and in my GPS Garmin 64s they are very poor in quality compared to the same identical kmz(s) loaded using the manual procedure (File-->Export-->Export raster/image format-->KML/KMZ command).
i.e. manually, the final .kmz of exactly the same area of interest is 40mb on the contrary it's 24Mb using the batch script.
Moreover, the .kml(s) inside the two different .kmz(s) of exactly the same area of interest are very different (long and "rich" info-text in the manual export, very short and "poor" info-text with the batch script export - see image here attached).

I also tried to use these tags in the script without success from a quality point of view:

PIXEL_SIZE=1024x1024 \
SPATIAL_RES=1.79663056823901e-006,1.79663056823901e-006 \
EXPORT_SCALE=1000 \
DPI=200 \

I think the problem is the the final .KML created with the batch script:
all the high-quality .jpg levels indexes (L2,L3,L4..) are missing and only the low-level .jpg index (L1_0_0.jpg) is contained in the .KML generated using the batch script. I'm wondering if there's a way to solve this issue. I'm using GlobalMapper 19. Thanks in advance for your help.





Answers

  • bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 1,970
    Hello,

    My first suggestion is that you make sure you have the most recent release of Global Mapper 19. Also, please double check the options you are using in the UI against the parameters you are using in your script to make sure they are the same. If you have done this, and are still having problems, you should contact Blue Marble Support directly via email (geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com). Please include a detailed description of your workflow, including your script, screen captures of the KML export option screens, and the data you are using. This will help the support team reproduce the problem and determine the cause.  Thank you.

    Cheers,
    Bob
Sign In or Register to comment.