Global Mapper v25.0

Export_Vector Shapefile Attribute Setup

Hydro_Brent
Hydro_Brent Global Mapper User
I am using a script to export a shapefile (via export_vector) and I need to change the attribute type and length for some attributes. The functionality I need is what is available in the "Attribute Setup" tab (see attached) in the Global Mapper GUI.  I can't seem to find in the documentation how I would make the changes to an attribute type or length via a script during export. The code I'm using for the export is below

EXPORT_VECTOR FILENAME="E:\Test.shp" \
TYPE="SHAPEFILE" \
GEN_PRJ_FILE="YES" \
SHAPE_TYPE="POINTS" \
INC_LAYER_ATTR="NO"

What do I need to do in a script to alter attribute type or length during export (or prior)?

Regards,
Brent

Tagged:

Answers

• bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    Answer ✓
    Hello,

We have an existing feature request (#18397) for the ability to specify attribute type and length on the EXPORT_VECTOR command. I have added your information to the request. At the moment, it is not scheduled for implementation, but more user requests will increase its priority. We will post a message on this thread if the status of the request changes.

Cheers,
    Bob
  • Hydro_Brent
    Hydro_Brent Global Mapper User
    Bob,

Thanks for the quick response. Needless to say, I would like to see that capability added.

Regards,
    Brent
  • Carl_M
    Carl_M Global Mapper User
    Hi,

We are having the same issue where we need to change the attribute type to something other than the standard float/integer/string. Ie we would like to see a date format and double if possible
  • bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    Hello,

Carl_M said:
    We are having the same issue where we need to change the attribute type to something other than the standard float/integer/string. Ie we would like to see a date format and double if possible
    Do you want to have these extra attribute types in the UI, or via scripting?

Cheers,
    Bob