Script: Combined Elevation Grid using Map Catalogues

When I have to manually create a combined elevation grid for a large area, I add all of the Lidar tiles (.asc) to two map catalogues (one for DTM and one for DSM data) and perform the combine elevation grid command using these map catalogues.

When I try to run this as a script, it doesn't work because the LAYER1_FILENAME command can't find the catalogue file. Do I need to use a different file type for this? Can I load all the Lidar tiles as part of the COMBINE_TERRAIN command or do I have to combine them into one file to do this?

GLOBAL_MAPPER_SCRIPT VERSION="1.00"

EDIT_MAP_CATALOG FILENAME="C:\Users\ro\Desktop\Map Catalogue_DSM.gmc" CREATE_IF_EMPTY=YES ADD_FILE="C:\Users\ro\Desktop\DSM files\*.asc"

EDIT_MAP_CATALOG FILENAME="C:\Users\ro\Desktop\Map Catalogue_DTM.gmc" CREATE_IF_EMPTY=YES ADD_FILE="C:\Users\ro\Desktop\DTM files\*.asc"

COMBINE_TERRAIN LAYER1_FILENAME="C:\Users\ro\Desktop\Map Catalogue_DSM.gmc" LAYER2_FILENAME="C:\Users\ro\Desktop\Map Catalogue_DTM.gmc" COMBINE_OP=SUBTRACT_SIGNED ELEV_UNITS=METRES 

EXPORT_ELEVATION EXPORT_LAYER="Combined Elevation Grid" TYPE=GLOBAL_MAPPER_GRID FILENAME="C:\Users\ro\Desktop\Combined Elevation Grid.gmg"

Answers

• UIMapperUIMapper Posts: 10
    I actually figured out what I was missing. I had to import the map catalogue files first. So, the correct script reads like this:

GLOBAL_MAPPER_SCRIPT VERSION="1.00"

EDIT_MAP_CATALOG FILENAME="C:\Users\ro\Desktop\Map Catalogue_DSM.gmc" CREATE_IF_EMPTY=YES ADD_FILE="C:\Users\ro\Desktop\DSM files\*.asc"

EDIT_MAP_CATALOG FILENAME="C:\Users\ro\Desktop\Map Catalogue_DTM.gmc" CREATE_IF_EMPTY=YES ADD_FILE="C:\Users\ro\Desktop\DTM files\*.asc"

IMPORT FILENAME="C:\Users\ro\Desktop\Map Catalogue_DSM.gmc" TYPE=GLOBAL_MAPPER_CATALOG

IMPORT FILENAME="C:\Users\ro\Desktop\Map Catalogue_DTM.gmc" TYPE=GLOBAL_MAPPER_CATALOG

COMBINE_TERRAIN LAYER1_FILENAME="C:\Users\ro\Desktop\Map Catalogue_DSM.gmc" LAYER2_FILENAME="C:\Users\ro\Desktop\Map Catalogue_DTM.gmc" COMBINE_OP=SUBTRACT_SIGNED ELEV_UNITS=METERS 

EXPORT_ELEVATION EXPORT_LAYER="Combined Elevation Grid" TYPE=GLOBAL_MAPPER_GRID FILENAME="C:\Users\ro\Desktop\Combined Elevation Grid.gmg"