Global Mapper - Mobile labels

Good Evening,

Is there a setting, configuration, or preference that would allow street labels (or another type of feature label) to be displayed when using the Mobile version of Global Mapper?

I am a police officer using Global Mapper primarily for processing UAV photos when investigating motor vehicle crashes.  I would like to see if our use of GM can be expanded for use with K9 tracking and evidence collection in the field.  Having labels show on the Mobile screen would be helpful for the officers in the field when they need to tell others where they are or which direction they are going all while setting waypoints for later input into GM desktop.

Thank you,

-Jason
Tagged:

Best Answer

• PShoreyPShorey Global Mapper Developer Posts: 183
    Answer ✓
    Hi Jason,

Global Mapper Mobile does not currently have the ability to display feature labels. However, we have had a number of requests for this feature and we hope to include it in the upcoming GMM v2.0 release. We do not have a firm release date yet, but it should be in the early spring.

Peter

Answers

• jtburkejtburke Posts: 2
    Okay, thank you for the response.  I look forward to the future release.  -Jason