Shortcut in context menu in GM 20

Hi!
In GM 15 I used a lot of shortcut in context menu like a Right Mouse Button ---> "v" (vertex) ----> "m" (move).
It's really helpful, but in GM 20 I can't use that shortcut.

Anybody know how to turn this option on ?

Answers

• bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 1,948
    Hello,

What did those shortcuts do? In GM 20, in the Digitizer, if you right-click then press 'v', the Vertex Editing menu is displayed, and if you press 'm' the Move/Reshape Features menu is displayed.

Cheers,
    Bob
  • JeffH@BMGJeffH@BMG Global Mapper Developer Posts: 320Trusted User
    Hi Alekssssander and Bob,

I think that I see what's happened:

In earlier versions of Global Mapper, (v17 and before), the Vertex Editing submenu had 'm' as a menu access key for the 'MOVE VTX" item, so you could activate the digitizer menu, press 'v' for Vertex Editing, then 'm' for the MOVE VTX operation.

In more recent versions, the digitizer menu added 'm' as the a menu access key for the "Move/Reshape Features" submenu, and which made the 'm' access key for MOVE VTX ambiguous. So for that reason, I'm guessing, the 'm' access key was removed for MOVE VTX, which  meant that it doesn't work on either the digitizer menu or the 'Vertex Editing' submenu any more either.

So this seems intentional, though I haven't tracked down the actual ticket for the change, but also unfortunate, since it's a usability issue. We could open a ticket to look into restoring a menu access key for this. Are there any other keys that you'd  find to be useful?

Best regards,

~Jeff
  • Amanda McDermottAmanda McDermott Global Mapper User Posts: 61Trusted User
    It would be useful to be have more flexibility in setting your own shortcuts generally - in 'set up favourites shortcuts' at present the list of keys is fairly limited, compared to the length of the list of commands that you might like to set up shortcuts for?