Global Mapper v25.0

Missing data

I am trying to evaluate slope by creating arrows through the quiver plot. I am following the process of creating an array of grid points using the grid-tool within a known area and then assign-terrain information. Then, using the feature information tool I look at feature information. The problem is I only get elevation information and not slope and slope direction information as well. I need this to carry out the quiver-plot action so I can generate the arrows for the slope analysis. I have attached two images, one which shows all three pieces of info ( elevation, slope, and slope direction ) and the other which is mine only showing elevation. what am I doing wrong or missing? Thanks.....

Answers

• bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    edited December 2018 Answer ✓
    Hello,

It looks like you need to calculate elevation and slope statistics for your point features.  Here is how:

1. Select all of your point features in the Digitizer
    2. Right-click and choose Analysis/Measurement | Calculate Elevation/Slope Stats for Selected Feature(s)

Cheers,
    Bob
  • Hello,

You are a hero Bob , thankyou....hours of troublesome web searching, and trial and error, now I have it.
    Long-live the global mapper forum :)