table of contents for mapbooks?

JSLJSL Global Mapper UserPosts: 397Trusted User
Hi, I've discovered the awesome capability to make a mapbook from selected features, and I have some questions:

1)  Is there was any way to generate a table of contents based upon the individual feature labels? 
2) Is it possible to turn an attribute besides the feature label into the title of a page?
3) I found that when I used the feature label for the title, the feature is unlabeled in the picture, even though it's still labeled in the workspace:

Thanks for any help...

Answers

• bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 1,904
    Hello,

1) Are you looking for a separate page in the map book that contains a table of contents? If you export the map book to a geospatial PDF, you will get a bookmark for each page.

2) Not at the moment. I have added item 25534 to our task list to allow the page title to come from an attribute other than the label.

3) The features should be labeled.   have added item 25525 to our task list to address this.

Cheers,
    Bob
  • JSLJSL Global Mapper User Posts: 397Trusted User
    Thanks for adding those tasks...

I did export to a geospatial PDF, but I have 445 pages, and the bookmarks are just called "Page 1", "Page 2", etc.  I was hoping for a functionality that would cfeate an index page that would show the title of each page and its corresponding page number.
  • bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 1,904
    JSL said:
    Thanks for adding those tasks...

I did export to a geospatial PDF, but I have 445 pages, and the bookmarks are just called "Page 1", "Page 2", etc.  I was hoping for a functionality that would cfeate an index page that would show the title of each page and its corresponding page number.
    I have added item number 25538 to our task list so we can evaluate including this functionality in a future version of Global Mapper.

Cheers,
    Bob