How do I run a report to show coverage area of multiple viewsheds that accounts for the overlapping?

I have many view sheds in a project file and I want to see the total coverage area in sq miles, but the overlapping area between the viewsheds skews the total coverage.  Is there a way (preferably simple) to produce a report that accounts for overlapped view sheds?

Answers

• bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 1,971
    Hello,

You can use Analysis | Find Overlapping Features... to get a list of feature pairs that overlap. On the list, you can select each pair, one at a time, and, in the Digitizer, you can use Crop/Combine/Split Functions | Combine Selected Area Features to create a new area feature from each pair of overlapping features. The area of the combined features should effectively remove the double-counting of the areas that overlap.

Cheers,
    Bob
  • MicheleMichele Posts: 45
    Not verified, but maybe you could just Combine all the areas (copy paste them to a different layer before, so you don't loose the originals in case of failure). After you select them all, right click Crop/Combine section, Combine areas.