toolbar show/hide

JSLJSL Global Mapper UserPosts: 394Trusted User
Hello, I downloaded v20 and use it along with v18.2, but I'm finding now that neither version remembers my show/hide toolbar preferences.  Every time I open a workspace, I get all the toolbars, even though I've closed toolbars and saved the workspace before.

Thanks for any help...

Best Answer

• bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 1,861
    Answer ✓
    Hello,

We have made a change in Global Mapper 20 that should fix this problem. Please get the latest Global Mapper 20 daily build and install it. After the installation, start Global Mapper 18.2 first, make your toolbar changes, then close Global Mapper 18.2. Then start Global Mapper 20, make your toolbar changes, and close Global Mapper 20.  After that, they should be able to coexist.

Cheers,
    Bob

Answers

• bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 1,861
    Hello,

The toolbar state gets reset to the default when Global Mapper detects that there have been changes to the toolbars. Each time you switch between versions, Global Mapper thinks that the toolbars have changed, and resets its toolbar state. We have an open item on our task list (#20762) to determine how to save version-specific toolbar state, and I added your information to it.

Cheers,
    Bob
  • JSLJSL Global Mapper User Posts: 394Trusted User
    Thank you!