GM is not responding after converting nearly 12 tiles

Hi,

I am trying to convert a large sized MrSID to several 1X1 km tiles, I am using a script to export the same, after converting 10-12 tiles application is not responding until we close and reopen.

Please suggest a way to do this uninterruptedly.

We are using GM12.02 version.

Thanks in advance,

Chandrasekhar Padala

Comments

• bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 1,944
    Hello,

My first suggestion, not surprisingly, is that you upgrade to the latest version of Global Mapper. We have made significant improvements to raster export, in addition to adding hundreds of new features and bug fixes since version 12.

If you do not upgrade, make sure you are using OVERWRITE_EXISTING=NO on your RASTER_EXPORT so your script will begin where you left off when tiling your data after you restart Global Mapper.

Cheers,
    Bob
  • Hi Bob,

I have not u upgraded to latest version, I am using OVERWRITE_EXISTING=NO in my scrip.

is there any other way around to continually run the scrip without stopping?

Below is the screenshot of task manager when GM stopped working after generating 10+ tiles, is this because of out of RAM size?  currant my system RAM is 16GB.  

• bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 1,944
    Hello,

From what I see there, Global Mapper does not appear to be running out of memory, and if it did you would get an error message, or it would crash, instead of just becoming unresponsive. With the CPU usage at 27%, Global Mapper is working on something, though it is possible it has become caught in an infinite loop. It's hard to say. 

Have you tried your script with other data? That might indicate if there is something about this particular data set that is causing problems.

Cheers,
    Bob
  • Hi Bob,

Thanks for your quick responses,

I used this on tiff files and worked fine, this time the input I am using is a MrSID file, tiling it to JP2.

And more over script could generate about 10 tiles than becoming unresponsive, I am unable to figure out the issue.

Chandrasekhar P