How to get LOG_MESSAGE name_of_script_being_run?

kbelliskbellis Global Mapper UserPosts: 518Trusted User
Is there any means to echo the name of the script file being run and get that value added into the log?

Best Answers

• bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 1,944
    Answer ✓
    Hello,

LOG_MESSAGE %SCRIPT_FILENAME%

Cheers,
    Bob
  • bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 1,944
    Answer ✓
    You make a good point regarding the documentation for built-in script variables.  I have passed it along to the documentation folks to see if we can get it into the updates for Global Mapper 20.

Cheers,
    Bob

Answers

• kbelliskbellis Global Mapper User Posts: 518Trusted User
    Up and at 'em! 5:42, and good for you! Thanks for this Bob.

I tried just now to find in the scripting reference a listing of the predefined variables, which I knew I had seen somewhere from earlier browsings, but the given section names in the reference didn't reveal, or even hint where. Doing a search on SCRIPT_FILENAME, found  selected groupings.

From reading an earlier post this morning by Veddycent, and more in particular, a look at his script, he too had used a predefined variable; i.e., FNAME_W_DIR; in the script reference however, it was generally categorized as being a built-in variable (as opposed to being a predefined variable) and was found in sets uncommon with, for example,  SCRIPT_FILENAME.

So one takeaway from all of this: Within the scripting reference, could there be some unifying listing of all predefined, built-in, and otherwise named existing Global Mapper variables? If they have a limited context in which they are to be applied, that could be explained along with a link to the particular details of such contexts.