What Changes In Scripting Are There In v20?

kbelliskbellis Global Mapper UserPosts: 517Trusted User
edited August 2018 in GM Script Language
Please identify any and all scripting changes that have occurred in Global Mapper v20; be they and addition or deprecation.

Best Answer

• bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 1,904
    Answer ✓
    Hello,

I can see that the script imports the CSV file, then 390 features get updated, so it appears that the import is happening. Did you check "Run Script in the Context of the Main View" at the bottom of the Script Processing window? It is possible that may have gotten unchecked when you installed Global Mapper 20.

Cheers,
    Bob

Answers

• kbelliskbellis Global Mapper User Posts: 517Trusted User
    I'm only asking because this morning for the first time, I tried running the Nadir Calculator script that I was developing (in v19) and it presented an issue. It's unclear what is the cause.

At this point, all I know for certain is the script seems to run fine, no error messages seen in the Script Processing dialog, but the ASCII import isn't happening in v20 when it did in v19.

The script bit call in particular:
    IMPORT_ASCII FILENAME="%SPECIFIED_SOURCE_IMAGE_DIR%SelectedEXIF.csv" TYPE="POINT_ONLY" COORD_FORMAT="DECIMAL" COORD_ORDER="X_FIRST" SKIP_COLUMNS="1" COL_HEADERS="YES" INC_COORD_LINE_ATTRS="YES" PROJ="EPSG:4326"

The log isn't giving much helpful information, or at least none that I can tell from reading:

• kbelliskbellis Global Mapper User Posts: 517Trusted User
    bmg_bob said:
    Hello,

I can see that the script imports the CSV file, then 390 features get updated, so it appears that the import is happening. Did you check "Run Script in the Context of the Main View" at the bottom of the Script Processing window? It is possible that may have gotten unchecked when you installed Global Mapper 20.

Cheers,
    Bob
    Bingo! Unchecked it was, but not by my hand.