PROMPT_TEXT - Is There Anyway Way to Wrangle With It?

kbelliskbellis Global Mapper UserPosts: 518Trusted User
Maybe for starters, how can a new line be forced so that a verbose notice to the user is clearly presented ?

I've tried \n, \r\n, '\'n, \\n, and maybe one or two others, but still haven't stumbled onto the secrets for forcing a new line?

Answers

• BillBBillB Global Mapper User Posts: 123Trusted User
    I would like to know if there is an answer to this too.
    kbellis
  • bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 2,070
    Hello,

At the moment, the text is taken from the script and placed on the dialog without any formatting, so there is no way to force a new line. I will add a feature request for putting a new line in the text. Is there anything else that would be useful? 

Cheers,
    Bob
    kbellis
  • kbelliskbellis Global Mapper User Posts: 518Trusted User
    bmg_bob said:
    Hello,

At the moment, the text is taken from the script and placed on the dialog without any formatting, so there is no way to force a new line. I will add a feature request for putting a new line in the text. Is there anything else that would be useful? 

Cheers,
    Bob
    Sorry, didn't see your question Bob until today when I came looking for an answer to another question I had.

In terms of anything else?, sure, it's easy to imagine a more customized looking dialog box for users of the script; i.e., not the author of the script, but it's even easier to imagine, that's what the SDK is better suited to handle by brighter minds than mine.

Kind regards

Kelly