Transformations in GM

Hi.

When using World Imagery I sometimes find that I need to use a different transformation. Usually I have used another popular GIS package to apply the transformation to the basemap before exporting out as a image and importing into GM.

Is it possible to do all this in GM v19.1? I can seem to find a list of transformations to try and I have no idea how to extract the transformation information as a file from the other GIS package to use in GM to correct the imagery.

Any ideas would be welcome.

Cheers,
Steve

Answers

• RobinPRobinP Global Mapper User Posts: 17Trusted User
    Not sure what you mean in "transformation".

If it's projection you mean : go to the Tools Menu/ Configuration/Projection tab, change the projection of your project, then that is all. Global Mapper will publish the image (whatever it is) into the new projection.
  • Thanks for your reply RobinP.

To elaborate I mean the Geographic Coordinate System Transformation. I use it all the time to correct basemaps (aerial imagery) for certain projects where the aerial imagery doesn't fit our data. Usually the best fit is found at the top of the list.

I am looking for the equivalent in GM 19.1 if it exists at all. If not can I use the information in the lower image and apply it to my aerial imagery?

• Does anybody know if GM supports basic transformations or do you have to also purchase GeoCalc?