Automating Landsat7 imagery export

robertfordrobertford Global Mapper UserPosts: 5
edited April 2008 in Raster Data
I need to extract a large amount of Landsat7 data by reprojecting into each UTM zone and extracting the imagery within that zone, at relatively high resolution (15m-60m). I wrote a script to do this reprojection and export process, but I am unable to use the IMPORT_TERRASERVER command for downloading Landsat7 data, and GlobalMapper will not let me first load the data, and then run the script. Is there a simpler way to accomplish this?

Comments

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited April 2008
    You actually need to use the IMPORT_WMS command to get the Landsat data loaded in a script. To see the format load it into your main map view and then save a workspace file. Since a workspace file is a script, it will show you the syntax for what you had loaded.

I might however suggest just downloading the Landsat7 files from https://zulu.ssc.nasa.gov/mrsid/mrsid.pl as this will be MUCH faster than trying to extract them from the online server.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • robertfordrobertford Global Mapper User Posts: 5
    edited April 2008
    Thanks for the info. I will try the IMPORT_WMS command instead.

I would definitely prefer to just download the data from the website you provided and do this reprojection locally, but it appears the coloring is much different in the MrSID files available on the website. I think perhaps it colorized to use near-infrared or something similar, as opposd to the visible spectrum.

If I could use the website to download the same data set that is loaded when I use "File->Download Online Imagery" using Landsat7, I would probably do this instead. Do you know if different sets are available on the site?

Thanks,
    Rob
  • global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited April 2008
    Rob,

I think that you might also be able to get the data from USGS (U.S. Geological Survey) EROS, Sioux Falls, SD for free download, or purchase areas on a CD. I'm not sure if it is the exact same coloring that the server that we use has though.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com