"Select projection for" window not coming up when opening DXF files

dmgrossdmgross Global Mapper UserPosts: 5
I believe the "Check this box to default for files of type" box was checked. Can this be undone?

Thank you in advance-
Daniel

Answers

• bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 1,834
    Hello Daniel,

What version of Global Mapper are you using?

Can you provide more details about your work flow?  Are you trying to load multiple DXF files at one time? Have you tried closing Global Mapper, then starting it again?  Is there a PRJ file with the same name as your DXF in the same directory?
    dmgross said:
    I believe the "Check this box to default for files of type" box was checked.

Where is this check box you mentioned?  The only check box on the window used to select the projection says, "Use Selected Projection for All Selected Files", and only comes into play when you try to load several files at once (so you don't have to specify a projection for each file.) It should no longer be checked the next time you load a file.

Cheers,
    Bob
  • geomanniegeomannie Global Mapper User Posts: 187Trusted User
    Hi Daniel
    I don't use many DXF files but when I do I have often found that the sclaing and projection is poorly interpreted. For example, units may default to mm rather than m. I now manually check the properties of any DXF I open and correct if needed.