Pixels to Points error in Processing

Hi,

I've been tasked to test GM 19.1 pixels to pints functionality to see if it will work for our business process. I've processed a few data sets collected with a few different UAVs and had some good success.

On two occasions though the output was not at all what I expected or acceptable. When I first read in the data set GM said it was unable to read the EXIF header in the images and asked for the camera focal length. It wasn't data I collected so I was unsure what UAV had been used so I left it at the default 7mm. The output has huge gaps in it. I contacted th pilot to see what camera was used, deleted all the old data and outputs and redid the processing only this time it did not give me an error and still has huge gaps.

Data was flown with a DJI Inspire 1 Pro. Camera: Zenmuse 5 20mm lens, Front overlap; 75%, Side overlap; 60%, Altitude; 31m.

I also processed the data with Pix4D and it worked fine and produced expected results.

Ideas?

Best Answer

• bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 1,873
    Answer ✓
    Hello,

The Blue Marble Geographics Support team has a lot of expertise in resolving issues with the Pixels-to-Points tool.  I suggest that you contact them directly via email (geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com).  Please include a detailed description of your work flow.  

Cheers,
    Bob