Unable to load checkout license to load G Mapper

NEVNEV Global Mapper UserPosts: 23Trusted User
My laptop to-day is giving me the message "unable to check out license" although this is the machine that I have been using my registered version (17) on for the past 12 months since I deactivated from my desktop (as verified and verified by Blue Marble.) Why?

Answers

• bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 1,762
    Hello,

That error message can happen if you switch from a wired to wireless network connection (or vice-versa).  I suggest that you get in touch with Blue Marble Geographics Support directly via email (geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com) to determine the appropriate solution.

Cheers,
    Bob
  • NEVNEV Global Mapper User Posts: 23Trusted User

Thanks for comment Bob but that is not what caused the issue as I have always been on a wireless network. GM Support also suggested that may be a cause and asked for some details which I provided. Not yet had a detailed response from them.

Neville 

• NEVNEV Global Mapper User Posts: 23Trusted User

Global Mapper provided the following advice (shown in (my) italics). (I am using Win7 Pro but include for other versions)

Windows Vista and 7: Go to Start > Run... type in 'CMD' and hit enter (depending on your version of Windows, you can also just type 'CMD' directly in the Start Search function).
    Windows 8: Press 'Win + R. Type 'cmd' as a command, and press 'OK' or 'Enter to access the command line. 
    Once you have a cmd window open:
    Type 'ipconfig /all', and you will get the information need.  Please right-click on the CMD window (the edge) and choose 'Select All' and then copy and paste the results into a reply.

I did as instructed and Sales Support at G Mapper very quickly responded (not sure what they did) but I now have successful access. I was very impressed by the speed of responses from G Mapper to resolve the issue.