Global Mapper v25.0

no command file to process in script file

karrimore
karrimore Global Mapper User
When opening a workspace file I got the following message  no command file to process in script file.
Is it possible to recover the file and how?

Answers

• bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    Hello,

What version of Global Mapper are you using? 
    Is this a workspace you have been using for a while?
    Can you put the workspace file in a Zip archive and attach it?  

Cheers,
    Bob
  • karrimore
    Thanks Bob
    GM V17.1

• bmg_bob
    Hello,

The file you sent is not a Global Mapper workspace.  It is a binary file filled with zeros.  Are you sure this was produced by Global Mapper? 

Cheers,
    Bob
  • karrimore
    Hi Bob
    Yes I was working with this file I saved it  and closed GM. After a while I restarted GM and when I tried to open the file I got that message.
    Anyway thank a lot. I was just begining the proyect and I 'll do all over again
    Best regards
  • bmg_bob
    Hello,

Global Mapper should not produce a workspace like that, needless to say.  I suggest that you report this to Blue Marble Geographics Support via e-mail (geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com).  They will know if this has been reported before, and might have been fixed in a later version of Global Mapper.

In Global Mapper 19, the Configuration | General tab, checking the "Automatically create backup workspace files" option will cause your current workspace file to automatically be backed up every so often (i.e. after so many vector edits, etc.). These backup copies will be created in the same folder as the workspace file and have the suffix "auto_backupX", where X is a number from 0 to 9.  I don't remember if this option was available in Global Mapper 17.1.  In any event, we always recommend backing up your data.

Cheers,
    Bob
  • karrimore
    Hellow Bob
    Thanks for your help.
    GM 17.1 has the option "Workspace Automatically Create Backup GMW Copies"
    Best Regards
    karrimore