Global Mapper v25.0

User Created Features Layer - How to delete?

I can do most things with scripting but cannot delete the User Created Features layer. (Preferably without any prompts or warnings about saving.)

An example please someone?
Tagged:

Answers

• Mykle
    Mykle Global Mapper User Trusted User
    You may have to select all items in the UCF, then specify a different layer to move them to.  The "other" layer may be a new one for which you may specify a name.  The empty UCF may disappear.  THEN you should be able to delete the "other" layer.  This is simply an alternative procedure.  How it works with scripting is another question, compared to doing the task at the user window.. 
  • Thanks Mykle but that sounds rather complicated and convoluted.  It must be possible to do it directly, surely?

In the scripting reference for the UNLOAD_LAYER command (and in several other places) there is the following :-

"you can also pass in the value 'USER CREATED FEATURES' to have the 'User Created Features' layer updated or 'SELECTED LAYERS' to have any layers selected in the Control Center unloaded."

but I can't make it work and and I can't find an example where it has been used.  I don't even know what it means by "pass in the value".

PLEASE help Global Mapper gurus!

• bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    Hello,

Try:
    UNLOAD_LAYER   FILENAME="USER CREATED FEATURES"

"Pass in the value" means to use the specified string in the parameter being described, as shown above.

Cheers,

Bob

• Hi Bob,

That is the very first thing I tried but it doesn't do it.  Not in v17 or v18 anyway.
  • bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    RobHW said:
    That is the very first thing I tried but it doesn't do it.  Not in v17 or v18 anyway.
    Hello,

That sounds like a bug.  I suggest that you contact Blue Marble Geographics Support directly via e-mail (geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com) to report the problem.

Cheers,
    Bob
  • I notice that when one tries to move the UCF layer in the GUI it is necessary to declare it as a "normal" layer first.  I wonder if that is something to do with it.
  • Now fixed in the latest build.