Can I Render Segment Lengths ONLY OF SELECTED FEATURES and not all features

I am interested in annotating a map with certain dimensions of a dozen polygons, while displaying many additional polylines and polygons without displaying the line segment lengths.  

The only feature that I am aware of to annotate with dimensions is:  Configuration>Vector Display, there are options in the list box at the bottom to "Render Segment Lengths on Map" .  This limits annotation to segment lengths, however, when I would prefer to be able to annotate total distance of a combination of segments as well.  

1. Is there a way to Render Segment Lengths only of SELECTED FEATURES and not all features?  
2. Is there a way to change the font style of the rendered lengths?  
3. Is there an alternate method to easily annotate segment lengths for a number of features?
4. Is there a method to annotate a map with distances between two selected points, as is simply done in AutoCad?  

All comments are very much appreciated.  Kind regards

Best Answer

• bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 1,986
    Answer ✓
    Marshall said:
    1. Is there a way to Render Segment Lengths only of SELECTED FEATURES and not all features?  
    2. Is there a way to change the font style of the rendered lengths?  
    3. Is there an alternate method to easily annotate segment lengths for a number of features?
    4. Is there a method to annotate a map with distances between two selected points, as is simply done in AutoCad?  

All comments are very much appreciated.  Kind regards
    Hello,

1. No
    2. They use the default label font style (Configuration | Vector Display | Labels).
    3. Not that I can think of
    4. Create line features and label them with the LENGTH attribute. If you put these lines on a separate layer, you can show and hide them as needed, and use a custom style.

Cheers,
    Bob

Answers