Global Mapper "Unexpected top-level error, problem will exit"

tim53tim53 Global Mapper UserPosts: 68Trusted User
I'm having a problem where Global Mapper gives me this error message when I try to "Shift" a lidar point cloud to register it with an overlapping point cloud.  I need to do this all the time, so this is a real problem for me.  When I get this message, it also says:
"Unexpected top-level error, program will exit" with a long Stack Trace, then it closes.

Comments

• tim53tim53 Global Mapper User Posts: 68Trusted User
    (subject line should say "program" not problem.  I blame the spell checker!
  • bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 2,135
    Hello,

That certainly shouldn't happen.  I suggest that you report this directly to Blue Marble Geographics Support via e-mail (geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com).  Please include a detailed description of your workflow, including the error message and data that will reproduce the problem.  Also, please include the version of Global Mapper that you are using.

Cheers,
    Bob
  • tim53tim53 Global Mapper User Posts: 68Trusted User
    Thanks, I did that and have a reply with additional info requested.  Am putting together what I need to get this solved.  I'm running version 19.1 in Windows 10 via Parallels on a Mac Pro with 64 GB of RAM.  Everything works swimmingly except the 3D view, since Parallels and Apple don't support OpenGL beyond version 2.1.  I'd hate to have to add a PC to my computers, but might have to do that for the 3D views.