Title blocks and Map borders in Global Mapper

Can anyone explain how I can can print customisable Titleblocks and borders on Printed Maps out of Global Mapper? I have searched on the forum and the video link provided no longer works.

Answers

• bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 1,834
    Hello,

What version of Global Mapper are you using?  If it is version 16 or above, you should try using the Map Layout Editor.

Cheers,
    Bob
  • Hi Bob,
    Thanks for the response, I use V19.1.
     The Map Layout Editor assists with Map Legends, North Points, Scale Bars etc . But I don’t see an option for creating a custom Title Block, where Project details, Map Number revision Number, company details etc.. can be placed. This is a fundamental component of most printed maps or Plan drawings. It is usually incorporated with the lower border of the page or sometimes the right hand border.  If the option is there for this I must be missing it

• BillBBillB Global Mapper User Posts: 89Trusted User
    Tony, if you follow Bob's link above, under the first screenshot, there is a link to Map Elements. I think that may be what you are looking for:
    "In the Map Layout Preview add the desired Map Layout Elements (scale bar, elevation legend, title, etc.) Once added, Map Layout Elements may be edited by selecting with the mouse and right-clicking, or by using the Map Layout Element Control Center."
  • bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 1,834
     The Map Layout Editor assists with Map Legends, North Points, Scale Bars etc . But I don’t see an option for creating a custom Title Block, where Project details, Map Number revision Number, company details etc.. can be placed. This is a fundamental component of most printed maps or Plan drawings. It is usually incorporated with the lower border of the page or sometimes the right hand border.  If the option is there for this I must be missing it

Hi Tony,

The Map Layout Editor does not have an option to create a Title Block, per se, but you could use a text element, and fill in the required information.  We currently have an open feature request (#20584) for adding the ability to automatically place items like company name, project number, etc. into a text block.  I have added your information to this request.  We will post a message on this thread when the status of the request changes.

Cheers,
    Bob