Export Vector and raster data with Transparent Background

Export Vector and raster data with Transparent Background
I have been trying to Export data without background values in Global mapper.if i use the export data from global mapper in some other software it showing background colour.we are dealing with big projects we spilt the data for processing finally we merge the data. if we get the background values, for us  its difficult for merging  data finally.

Answers

• geomanniegeomannie Global Mapper User Posts: 185Trusted User
    Hi

I don't know the format that you wish to export raster data to. I often use the ecw format which has an option to make background pixels transparent. This works for me.

Cheers

• robert95robert95 Posts: 3
    Whatever the format is if we exported from global mapper same problem exists.If we use the exported data in some other software it has some background colour.for example I have attached two file one is Original DGN file, second one is which i exported from Global mapper.the exported File has some background colour .
  • robert95robert95 Posts: 3
    Whatever the format is if we exported from global mapper same problem exists.If we use the exported data in some other software it has some background colour.for example I have attached two file one is Original DGN file, second one is which i exported from Global mapper.the exported File has some background colour .
  • geomanniegeomannie Global Mapper User Posts: 185Trusted User
    Hi
    I have just been playing around with making the "make background (void) transparent" option and I agree that its doesn't seem to be working for ecw export. I have used this option in the past with sucess so maybe a new bug. You could conatct GM support with a direct question on this.