my question is about volume calculation in global mapper
CUT & FILL VOLUME IN GLOBAL MAPPER
1. I have a DSM open in Global Mapper
2. And then I make a boundary like a polygon in one of pile
3. After that, I try to calculate FILL VOLUME from that pile by right click and choose Analysis/Measurement -> PILE VOLUME
4. And this pop up report is show up
My Questions are :
1. Is my step right already ? If not, what should i do to calculate that volume?
2. Is the value of the report already eligible to be included in the mapping report ?
3. How accurate is the value above and what factor who affect the accuracy of the report's?
4. does the value can be converted to be TON directly or should be there are another calculations?
Thank you verymuch.