Global Mapper v25.0

Error whilst exporting 3D pdf from Global Mapper

Hello GIS StackExchange,

I'm trying to export a 3D pdf from Global Mapper and I'm getting this error message, see quote. The data I’m using is a 69mb .obj file

Does anyone have experience with this?

Error exporting to 3D PDF file.
Could not create U3D file.
PDF3DOverlay.cpp - 645 Version: v18.2.0 (64-bit)
Build Time: May 24 2017 14:41:24
Thread: Main UI Thread Windows 10 Home (64-bit) Memory: 3,636,162,560 of 8,018,649,088 available, GDI Usage: 425 GDI (Peak 535), 173 User (Peak 328)
The data I’m using is a 69mb .obj file Anyone got an experience with this?

Answers

• PShorey
    PShorey Global Mapper Developer Moderator, Trusted User
    edited November 2017
    Bradley,

This error occurs when a third-party library fails to encode the data in U3D format, required by the PDF. Unfortunately, the library did not provide more specific information as to why it failed in this case. One thing to try is reducing the resolution of any raster images that you may be using as terrain textures etc. If that does not help, I would suggest sending your source data to technical support along with a description of the 3D PDF export settings you are using. We may be able to determine the cause of the failure and provide some suggestions.

geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com

Peter

Edit:

I see that you are starting with an OBJ file. The 3D PDF export does not currently support mesh objects. We have an open enhancement request (17143) to add this functionality in a future release.