Global Mapper Pro

Slope Percentage Attirbute on Point using Calculate Elev/Slope Statistics

longitude105
longitude105 Global Mapper User

Hi,

(Ver. 18 GM)  I have created a grid of points (.shp) and loaded over a USGS Elevation model.  I selected all the points, (right click) and used the Analysis/Measurement Function --> Calculate Elev/Slope Statistics.  All works perfectly, but I am trying just to display the slope percentage value.  I get both slope degrees and [slope percentage] together as an attribute.  (Example:  5.30* [9.28%])

Is there anyway just to isolate that percent (9.28 in example) as just the value without the slope degrees, brackets or % sign?

I have been able to do this by converting the elevation model to a .flt and exporting to slope percentage elevation raster, and extracting the values that way, but this would really save some time.

Thanks for any info.

Best Answer

• bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    edited November 2017 Accepted Answer
    Hello,

The format for the slope attribute can not be changed by the user at this time, nor can the slope percent be split out into a separate attribute by the Calculate Elev/Slope Statistics function.  I have added feature request #22986 so we can evaluate adding additional formatting options in a future release of Global Mapper.  We will post a message on this thread when the status of the request changes.

In the meantime, you can use the Attribute Calculator to split the slope percent into a separate attribute.
    1. Use the Digitizer to select the features you want to modify
    2. Right-click and choose Attribute Style Functions | Calculate/Copy Attributes for Feature Selection.  The Attribute Calculation Setup dialog will be displayed.
    3. Use SLOPE_PCT (or another name of your choosing) for the new attribute to be added
    4. Select the Use Formula Calculation option
    5. In the formula field, paste clip(search(SLOPE,"\d*.\d*%"), "", "%"). (The formula searches the string for a number followed by a percent sign, then clips off the percent sign.  See Global Mapper help for more information.)
    6. Click the Calculate button
    Cheers,
    Bob

Answers