Global Mapper Pro

export raster - resampling methods

pechbonnieu
pechbonnieu Global Mapper User
edited November 2007 in Technical Support
Heelo,
i am still creating jpeg tiles from an ecw.

Which resampling method is used by global mapper in the JPG export panel when i define new values for sample spacing ?

Or are the sampled tiles extracted from resampled levels directly from the ecw ?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited November 2007
    All exports from ECW files are always done from the most detailed level in the ECW file. The resampling method will be either nearest neighbor or bilinear interpolation. Which one is used depends on whether or not you have enabled anti-aliasing (interpolation) for the source raster layer(s) from the Options button for the layer in the Control Center.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • pechbonnieu
    edited November 2007
    Thank you Mike,

it helps.

I have loaded 50 ecw and then run JPG export to tile them all.
    Is there a simple way to turn on the anti-alias option for all my ecws in one action ?

I tried anyway another method, saved my workspace, run a search and replace in notepad to have ANTI_ALIAS="YES" instead of ANTI_ALIAS="NO", then reloaded that workspace
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited November 2007
    After loading all of your ECW files, you can open the Overlay Control Center, select all of the ECW layers, then press Options and enable the anti-alias option for them all at once.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • pechbonnieu
    edited November 2007
    Thank you,
    Your product is really great