Global Mapper v25.0

Getting Error when launch

Good morning,

We recently upgrade to the latest version [18.2] and we are now receiving the attached error after a minute or two after GM launches, or when we add data of any kind. It hangs and then crashes. This is happening on both machines we've upgraded. GM v17 is still installed, so we'll keep using that in the meantime.

I've searched the forums and found that it may be related to C++, but that is as far as I could determine based on what's out there.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Cheers

Answers

• PShorey
    PShorey Global Mapper Developer Moderator, Trusted User
    First, make sure you have the latest version of Global Mapper.  If the problem persists in the latest version, please send a description of your workflow, a copy of your data (if possible), and the results to Blue Marble Geographics Support (geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com).  This will ensure that the support team will be notified of the problem and can work on a solution.
  • PShorey said:
    First, make sure you have the latest version of Global Mapper.  If the problem persists in the latest version, please send a description of your workflow, a copy of your data (if possible), and the results to Blue Marble Geographics Support (geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com).  This will ensure that the support team will be notified of the problem and can work on a solution.
    Done...I'll update here with any solution. My system specs are in the original attached screenshot image.

Here's an update on the symptoms we're still having from my email to support:

"We are running into the attached error when adding any kind of data so far (raster/vector), and most of the time it crashes before you are able to get data added - when browsing for data within the explorer window generated when you click the “Open Data Files” text from the main window. The explorer window opens, and even if you don’t touch anything else, it crashes within about 2 mins. This happens on each machine we’ve tried, like clockwork.

I’ve tried re-downloading the installation and re-installing without success.

Again, v17.0.2 (b101915) still works perfectly."

Anyone else's v18.2.1 crashing randomly? 

Cheers