Global Mapper Pro

batch convert

pechbonnieu
pechbonnieu Global Mapper User
edited November 2007 in Technical Support
I have a set of ecw files covering a whole area and would like to (jpeg) tile them all with a consistent naming rule.

for instance get directly two adjacent P_05_00.jpg, P_06_00.jpg tiles even when they are extracted from two adjacent ecw

within the batch convert panel, i see 2 limitations :
- there is no "export bounds" tab that could allow to define a common bounds reference for all ecw that should be tiled together
- the "use source filename" option is mandatory, so i can't get P_05_00.jpg, P_06_00.jpg but instead myfirstecw_00_00.jpg, mysecondecw_00_00.jpg...

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited November 2007
    For what you are trying to do I wouldn't use the batch conversion dialog. I would just load all of your ECW files into the main view, then use the File->Export Raster->Export JPG menu command to export your tiles over the complete loaded data set. This will allow you to choose whatever name that you want and also get the tiling that you are after.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • pechbonnieu
    edited November 2007
    Thank you for your quick answer, it proved very useful.

Just one litle drawback remains :
    i then get much more tiles than with the batch convert option. Because even areas not covered by ecws are tiled if they are inside the whole bounding box surrounding all ecws.
    These extra "blank" tiles aren't useful and take time to be generated.

Is there a way to avoid that ?
    Thank you in advance,
    Eric
  • global_mapper
    edited November 2007
    Actually, any tiles that do not intersect the bounds of any of the files being exported should be automatically skipped. Are you not seeing this? If not, what version are you using?

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • pechbonnieu
    edited November 2007
    Well, i am using v9.00 and you are absolutely right, i was wrong, i got just few extra blank-tiles due to as slight overlapping.

I'd like to script this kind of operation, (beacause i need to build raster pyramids, so repeat this kind of tiling few times) a "save as a script" button in your "JPG export" panel would be absolutely wonderful...

Thanks again,

Eric
  • global_mapper
    edited November 2007
    Ok, that is something to consider for a future release.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com