Help--lost workspace due to uploading Natural Earth raster

JSLJSL Global Mapper UserPosts: 403Trusted User
I imported a Natural Earth map into my workspace (using GM 17.1) to use as a background for creating an image, and when I tried to reopen the workspace after saving and closing, I got the following error and could not open the workspace:

Error running script command IMPORT AUTO_CONTRAST="NO" CLIP_COLLAR="NONE" CONTRAST_MODE="NONE" CONTRAST_SHARED="YES" FILENAME="C:\Users\welees\Desktop\Mom\Origins\Natural Earth\NE2_HR_LC_SR_W\NE2_HR_LC_SR_W.tif" LABEL_FIELD_FORCE_OVERWRITE="NO" SAMPLING_METHOD="NEAREST_NEIGHBOR" TEXTURE_MAP="NO" TRANSLUCENCY="242" TYPE="GEOTIFF"
The parameter is incorrect.

ScriptEngine.cpp - 27736
Version: v17.2.2 (64-bit)
Build Time: Jul  2 2016 05:31:25
Windows 10 Home (64-bit) Memory: 12,746,346,496 of 17,090,682,880 available, GDI Usage: 318 GDI (Peak 454), 124 User (Peak 248)

Is there any way to retrieve the workspace?

I downloaded the natural earth with shaded relief and water file from this website (third map down from the top): http://www.naturalearthdata.com/downloads/10m-raster-data/10m-natural-earth-2/

Any help would be most appreciated--I really need that workspace!

Answers

• bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 1,960
    Hello,

First, I suggest that you make sure you have the latest version of Global Mapper 17.   It is possible that this is the result of a bug that has been fixed.

If you still can't load the workspace, then you can edit the workspace in a text editor (like Notepad) and remove the command that is failing.  It is likely that the command spans more than one line, so be sure to get it all.  Save the file.

After removing the command, you can reload the GeoTIFF file and save a new workspace. 

Cheers,
    Bob
  • JSLJSL Global Mapper User Posts: 403Trusted User
    Thanks--I had to go into the workspace and excise the problem, but it worked!