Edit point cloud in 3D View

kgroverkgrover Global Mapper UserPosts: 21Trusted User
Is there a way to select multiple lidar points in the 3D view for editing like you can in plan view?? I am looking for a way to manually clean up or classify in the 3D view. 

Kevin

Answers

• PShoreyPShorey Global Mapper Developer Posts: 182Moderator, Trusted User
    Yes, you can ctrl-left-click to add individual points to the selection. Currently no lasso selection in 3D view.
  • The next best thing is to do a "path profile" with a selected corridor width.  If the terrain is not extremely rugged this allows you to select a wide corridor and view outlying high and low point and also allows you to lasso select.    
  • kgroverkgrover Global Mapper User Posts: 21Trusted User
    Thanks for the suggestions. The lasso selection is really what i need, since manually picking is not feasible. 

We use the path profile as well, but directly in the 3D view would be ideal. 
  • mcwebmcweb Global Mapper User Posts: 3
    I am looking for a way to lasso select points in 3d view. I am using version 19.1. Is this possible yet? It would be very useful to me. Thanks.
  • JeffH@BMGJeffH@BMG Global Mapper Developer Posts: 289Trusted User
    Hi -- I've added item #24795 for this feature request. We'd probably want sweep selection to apply to other feature types as well. We'll post back here when this is implemented.

Thanks for the suggestion,

~Jeff