v18 crash issues

yianniyianni Global Mapper UserPosts: 93Trusted User
Hi all,

I got v18.0.3 (b111616) and I am very please with it so far, looks nicer and there are some really cool interesting features but as always there can be teething problems. So....

• The software will go to "white out" mode in windows after performing a very simple task, such as combine lines. After a few minutes it will work ok again.
  • GM will completely freeze and not respond, without a "white out" so I will have to control alt del and stop the process (I call that wallpaper mode)
  • if I cancel the loading process of a file when I load a new GM model (say the file is too big and it is taking toooo long), I am asked whether I want to cancel the whole operation (as it has been always) but if I say "No" then GM will load another file, but then GM will ask me again if I want to cancel the whole operation, again I chose "No", GM goes to the next file on the list and will ask me again if I want to cancel the whole operation.
  • After a few goes of the above, GM gives up loading the model and I get a massive error report.

Any ideas?

thanks all!

y

Best Answer

• bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 2,061
    Answer ✓
    Hello,

I recommend that you send a detailed description of your workflow and results, along with sample data that will reproduce the problem, to Blue Marble Geographics Support (geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com).  This will ensure that the support team knows about the problem, and will expedite a solution.  Thank you.

Cheers,
    Bob