Global Mapper Pro

Slope direction and %

txrpls
txrpls Global Mapper UserTrusted User
I assigned values to a CSV point file  containing XYZ values from a DSM tiff. I see that there is a slope and a direction reported as shown in the attached screen capture. What is this data? There should be no slope or direction only a vertical difference in my opinion, but maybe I am missing something.

Answers

• bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    Hello,

What workflow did you use to assign values to your CSV point file?  If you use Analysis/Measurement | Calculate Elevation/Slope Stats, you will get ELEVATION, SLOPE, AND SLOPE_DIR.  If you use Analysis/Measurement | Apply Elevations from Terrain Layers, you will only get ELEVATION.

What version of Global Mapper are you using?

Cheers,
    Bob
  • txrpls
    txrpls Global Mapper User Trusted User
    Hello Bob,

I using version 17-64. I used the Apply Elevations from Terrain Layers which I have double checked. When I use the search function it pops up the box in the previous screen capture. So where is the slope coming from? There can be no slope or direction other than up or down from a vertical point.

Thanks,
    Mark
  • txrpls
    txrpls Global Mapper User Trusted User
    No answer. 
  • bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    Hello,

Have you tried using the latest version of Global Mapper 17?  You will need to scroll down the page a bit to get to the v17 download link.  If the problem persists, I recommend that you send an e-mail describing your workflow and the results, with a copy of your sample data that will reproduce the problem, to Blue Marble Geographics support (geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com).  This will ensure that the support team sees the problem and can provide you with a timely response.  Thank you.

Cheers,
    Bob