Global Mapper Pro

i cant get contours minor less than 1m, new here, I'll get better at it, thank you

i cant get contours minor less than 1m,  new here, I'll get better at it, thank you

Answers

• bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    Hello,

Please provide more details about your workflow (parameter values, etc.), and indicate what version of Global Mapper you are using.

Thanks,
    Bob
  • Hi Bob
    v18
    I'm importing lidar data and that loads well, apply an elevation grid, go to contour, options don't allow minor contour less than 1m
    Also want to transform/translate another data set import as a dxf, and apply a constant height adjustment to that imported data.
    Thanks
  • bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    billmap said:
    I'm importing lidar data and that loads well, apply an elevation grid, go to contour, options don't allow minor contour less than 1m
    Also want to transform/translate another data set import as a dxf, and apply a constant height adjustment to that imported data.
    Thanks

Global Mapper creates contour lines with three line styles: the interval contour line (1 pixel wide), the Minor Contour line (2 pixels) and the Major Contour (3 pixels).  On the Contour Generation Options screen, the Minor and Major Contour values indicate what multiple of the Contour Interval to use for the minor and major contour line styles.  For example, if you specify a Contour Interval of 0.1, a Minor Contours value of 5, and a Major Contours value of 10, you will get regular contour lines every 0.1 meters, minor contour lines every 0.5 meters, and major contour lines every 1 meter.  You can set the interval to any value, but the major and minor multipliers must be integers.

What kind of data is in your DXF file?  Is it 3D vector data or something else?

Cheers,
    Bob