Problem when re-projecting a dwg layer

Hi, 
Im rectifying and scaling a dwg that when it is loaded, it's not georefenciated neither scaled. Once I select 3 points with the ground control points, I press "Apply" and the preview screen on the right (Reference Images) shows me the DWG successfully located on top on the control points (on top of a previously georeferenced PDF). The problem is, the moment i press "OK" and the Image Rectifier windows closes, the DWG is stretch to a line. definitely not in the correct place, not scaled, not even on its original form....
Any help?

Thanks!!!

Answers

• MykleMykle Global Mapper User Posts: 428Trusted User
    I'm guessing here: the units in the DWG need to relate to your choice of datum/projection while rectifying.  If you use the default geographic projection, the DWG will be interpreted as having units of degrees.  You may see interesting numbers in the table of ground control points to guide your work.  Remember that the data files that you load can use any datum/projection(s), then you can choose a completely different datum/projection for your display (and data exports). 

If this does not help, we'll need to know the version of Global Mapper that you are using (from the top line of the window).  Ensure that you are using the most current version that is available.  You can capture your screen for the rectification window and include it in your post if it looks like it will help us figure out what is happening. 
  • smsassmsas Posts: 9
    Hi Mykle,

Thanks again.
    The loaded DWG uses the same datum/projection that the used in the config windows for the rest of the document and files. So that doesn't seem to be the problem.

I'm using Global Mapper 17.1 on Windows 8.

Thank you!
  • bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 1,834
    smsas said:

I'm using Global Mapper 17.1 on Windows 8.

Thank you!

You should get the latest version of Global Mapper 17 and try again.

Cheers,
    Bob
    Hi Bob,

I've just downloaded 17.2 and the problem persist. Everything goes well when rectifying until I press "Ok" and the layer is rectified getting completely distorted.

Is as simple as if the rectifying didn't work. I fix the points in the image and the ground, and after pressing OK, i can see how the fixed points on the DWG moves anywhere.  When the DWG is not completely distorted, the draw appears anywhere and with any scale...

• bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 1,834
    smsas said:
    I've just downloaded 17.2 and the problem persist. Everything goes well when rectifying until I press "Ok" and the layer is rectified getting completely distorted.

I recommend that you send a detailed description of your workflow and results, along with your data, if possible, to Blue Marble Geographics Support (geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com).  This will ensure that the support team knows about the problem, and will expedite a solution.  Thank you.

Cheers,
    Bob