Global Mapper v25.0

Using ArcGIS tiled cache for use in Global Mapper and export to .sqlite

Is it possible to point Global Mapper to use the already created tile cache from ArcGIS to load in Global Mapper and export to .sqlite?

Answers

• bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    Hello,

Are you talking about the tile cache created when downloading from the online data source?  Global Mapper can not use those tiles directly to export to RMaps or MBTiles.  You would need to display the tiles in Global Mapper, then do a normal export.

Cheers,
    Bob
  • I have an ArcGIS Server.  I create the cache in ArcGIS and have the folder of cached tiles.  Can those be displayed in Global Mapper and if so how?
  • bmg_bob
    Hello,

I am not familiar with an ArcGIS tile cache.  What does the tile cache directory structure look like?  Is it something like .\<zoom>\<column>\row.img?  

It is possible that you can load the tile files into a GM Map Catalog, but I don't think I have ever tried it.  Another possibility might be to use your ArcGIS Server as a WMS, and add it as an online data source.

Cheers,
    Bob
  • Hi,

Please help use Rmaps to create .sqlitedb map file from ESRI ArcMap cache.   See the photos for how the cache is stored.  Please advise.

Thanks.
  • bmg_bob
    Hello,

Global Mapper does not currently have a way to import those tiles directly from the file system.  The individual PNG files don't appear to be georeferenced, so they would not be able to be loaded into a map catalog.  Your best bet is probably to add your ArcGIS server to Global Mapper as a WMS server, and get the data that way.

Cheers,
    Bob