Global Mapper v18-Beta Release
The beta of Global Mapper 18 is now available at the following location; http://www.bluemarblegeo.com/products/global-mapper-beta.php
This major release offers a new sleeker user interface and significant enhancements to the 3D viewer. The beta can be installed alongside previous versions; they will not be impacted by the new version though some global settings are shared among versions. Once installed, you can request an evaluation license from the registration screen that will launch the first time you open Global Mapper 18. Please send your error reports and suggestions to email@example.com. If you’d rather post your technical questions to the forum, look for the Global Mapper Beta questions thread: http://forum.globalmapperforum.com/discussion/13612/global-mapper-18-beta-questions/p1?new=1
As a reminder we recommend using an official release version for any production work.
Thank you all for your continued support of Global Mapper, and thank you for your interest in this beta period.
Significant New Features in Global Mapper 18
- Improved user interface for cleaner design
- Complete graphical overhaul to support high-resolution displays
- New, customizable toolbars
- Changed Overlay Control Center to a dockable pane that shows by default
- Ability to drag-and-drop layers to re-order them rather than having to use a right-click menu.
- Many layer-specific right-click items have been moved to a new top-level Layers menu.
- There is a new top Current Workspace item that has non-layer-specific right-click menu items, such as a new option to display the layers in top-down draw order rather than bottom-up
- Improved 3D rendering to include data display outside of what is shown in 2D; the ability to dynamically display and navigate all loaded data from the 3D viewer window
- Sped up the display and export of most raster/terrain formats, especially with large amounts of data loaded
- Enhanced 3D feature select for digitizer and measure tools. Cursor snaps or changes appearance when near a selectable feature vertex. Will now select at vertex elevation rather than z=0
- Added support for importing PDF files as vector layers (lines, points, and areas) rather than a raster image
- Added option to save fly-through to MPEG-4 file.
- And much more