Global Mapper v25.0

Adding GCPs to a Geo Tiff

mfgnyc
mfgnyc Global Mapper User
edited June 2008 in Technical Support
I have allready Geo referenced a tiff file into state plane X and Ys. I need to add more GCPs to the Geo-tiff all-ready created. Does any forum member know how to do this? Thanks for the help in advance :)

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited March 2008
    If you still have the geo-referenced GeoTIFF open, simply open the Overlay Control Center, right click on the layer, then select the Reposition option to open the rectification dialog back up to allow editing the control points further.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • hod1
    hod1 Global Mapper User
    edited June 2008
    From the moment I Was introduced to GM .. I've been told that once you start geo-referencing a file you cannot stop until the project is complete. Some projects I work on are upwards of 1000+ points.

I was told that the program does not have a save feature, and God forbid your pc lock up or glitch. Well over the past few months I have lost countless work effort to power surges, glitches, and outages.

Mike then showed me a way to save the points to a file... however once re-loaded and I try to resume... The points do not lay down where I click my mouse... Thus killing any hopes of resuming a file.

Now I am working on a laptop as a safety net...but I accidentally hit the enter button today and pre-maturely ended my session. THe program is still up and the points I have so far are still there... but this point glitch is preventing me from moving forward.

If anyone has any helpful advice ...please post it... I'm dying here.
  • global_mapper
    edited June 2008
    Most of those things are not true. If you geo-reference a file, just use the File->Save Workspace command to save a workspace that includes your reference points. You can then go back and add more by opening the Control Center, right-clicking on the layer, then selecting the Reposition option. You can also use this to bring the rectification dialog back up for your layer so that you can add more points to what you already have or save yours out to a GCP file.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • hod1
    hod1 Global Mapper User
    edited June 2008
    .. yes I got that far.... thanks to your previous email support :)

my issue is that when I try to add more points... the red dot does not lay down where I click my mouse.... its ...... "off". The dot usually appears in some random location about 1/2 inch away from the cross-hairs. (depending on the level of zoom of course)
  • global_mapper
    edited June 2008
    That is strange. Can you save the GCP list and provide them to me?

In the meantime, what you can do is save your existing GCP list, then unload the file that you were rectifying and load it again with the File->Rectify Imagery menu command, then load the GCP list that you saved. This should reset the rectification and work around the bug where the red dot isn't showing up at the click location when you try to re-rectify an already rectified image.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • hod1
    hod1 Global Mapper User
    edited June 2008
    thanks again mike.... your "work-around" seems to be working. :)