Please help trying to export into Windsim format with a script

I see no documentation on scripts that export to a WindSim (.gws) format, I'm pulling out my hair trying to figure out how to script this into an export function, can anyone share or help me script this please this is urgent!

Answers

• bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 2,025
    Hello,

Export to WindSim GWS files will be available on the EXPORT_ELEVATION script command in Global Mapper 17.2, which will be released very soon.

Cheers,

Bob
  • marinamarina Posts: 3
    Hi Bob, thanks for your reply, this tool does not function to export to .gws yet, the error is that Global mapper is telling me that it cant differentiate between a roughness or elevation file format for export. Might you have an example of code that functions to do this or does this not perform this operation quite yet?
  • bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 2,025
    marina said:
    Hi Bob, thanks for your reply, this tool does not function to export to .gws yet, the error is that Global mapper is telling me that it cant differentiate between a roughness or elevation file format for export. Might you have an example of code that functions to do this or does this not perform this operation quite yet?
    It looks like the documentation did not get updated.  Here is the additional information that you need:

New TYPE value is "GWS" for Windsim GWS.

In addition the following 2 new parameters are available:

ELEV_LAYER - filename or description of elevation layer(s) to export for Windsim GWS export. By default all compatible and exportable layers are exported. You can include multiple ELEV_LAYER parameters if you have multiple masks to search. Wildcards (* and ?) are supported. Hidden layers are not considered.

ROUGHNESS_LAYER - filename or description of roughness grid layer(s) to export for Windsim GWS export. By default all compatible and exportable layers are exported. You can include multiple ROUGHNESS_LAYER parameters if you have multiple masks to search. Wildcards (* and ?) are supported. Hidden layers are not considered.

Here is an example script showing 2 GWS exports:

GLOBAL_MAPPER_SCRIPT VERSION=1.00

// Do export with elev/roughness layers separately specified
    EXPORT_ELEVATION TYPE="GWS" FILENAME="output.gws" \
       ELEV_LAYER="*blue_springs*.dem*" ROUGHNESS_LAYER="Roughness *"

// Do export with automatic layer selection
    EXPORT_ELEVATION TYPE="GWS" FILENAME="output_auto.gws"

Cheers,

Bob