Global Mapper Pro

3d view my raster and data map

I have not seen 3d view raster and data map. The 3D view screen is fully black. Pl send suggestion.

Answers

• JeffH@BMG
    JeffH@BMG Global Mapper Developer Trusted User
    Hi jkankann,

A couple of questions: what version of Global Mapper are you using, and version of the OpenGL drivers are you using on your computer?

Best regards,

~Jeff
  • Dave_in_Edmonton
    Dave_in_Edmonton Global Mapper User Trusted User
    I am having a similar issue. Attached is a screen capture of an area I am able to view on my desktop computer (GM17.1, with GTX970 graphics card).  Also attached is the same workspace from my laptop (with GTX 980M graphics card and pretty new cpu, and GM17.1). The second capture from laptop show weird square block when I rotate image.  Not sure if my laptop has OpenGL drivers, it is whatever was installed (MSI GT72 6QE with GTX980M etc).  Any guidance on how to make this issue go away?
  • JeffH@BMG
    JeffH@BMG Global Mapper Developer Trusted User
    Hi Dave,

Well, that's pretty weird; haven't seen that before. One curious thing, it looks like there's a rectangular white area in the middle of the 2nd laptop's screen cap; I wonder whether it's trying to display a message there?

Anyway, if the 3D viewer didn't pop up a message that you're using the generic Windows OpenGL drivers, then you probably have your vendor's drivers. Just in case, you can download a utility like GPS Cap Viewer to check; the OpenGL driver version info is shown on the "GPU" tab , a little below halfway down the tab. There are some demos that you can run from the first tab as well. You should check to make sure that you are running the latest drivers for your card; see the NVidia drivers web site. 

You should also check in with Blue Marble Geographics Support directly via e-mail (geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com), as they may have encountered issues with the GPU that you are using and be able guide you more directly.

Best regards,

~Jeff