combine layers that have same name?

hi
I'm importing many .mdb files that all of them have identical layers names, When I import I want global mapper to check if layer name exist then append shapes to the matching layer, because now when I import it makes duplicate layers that have same name.
Help me plz I can't find a way how to do it?
thanks
Tagged:

Answers

• bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 2,188
    What version of Global Mapper are you using?
    Do you always have to load the data from the .mdb files, or can it be from another source.  If you can use another source, then one option is to load all of the data, export it to a single shapefile, or something similar, then load the shapefile into Global Mapper.
  • townytowny Posts: 2
    Hi Bob
    I'm using Global Mapper v17, I was given about 300 .mdb files, I think they were made in arcgis but unfortunately I don't have access to arcgis I'm kinda stuck :(

I'll be glade if you know any workaround it inside GM
    thank you

• bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 2,188
    Are the .mdb files Esri Personal Geodatabases, or just regular .mdb files?  My suggestion is to load all of the .mdb files into Global Mapper, then export the data into a single shapefile and use the shapefile in the future so that your data will be in a single layer.  Is that something that fits into your workflow?