Global Mapper v25.0

In the past I've been able to wrap world projections past the usual 360° limit.

This doesn't seem to work in Global Mapper v17.0.2 (b101915) [64-bit] - REGISTERED, the projection I'm working with is Times and the attached jpeg shows the World with a centre at 160°E and extending only for the standard 360°. I need it to extend so that I can fill a rectangle. I've done this in the past.

Answers

• bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    In the Configuration dialog, Vector Display tab, there is an option to "Automatically Wrap Lat/Lon Values to (-180, +180)".  Do you have this option checked?
  • I think that might only work on vector data, nice to know it's there. Mike had given me a Registry edit work around for this in the past. Adding DWORD for DisableProjRangeCheck with a value of 1. The first attached image is an older one I created in GM. It extends well past the +/-180° envelope. The projection is Times with a central meridian of 0°. My client has asked me to supply this image without hillshading and now GM trims at the +/- 180° envelope. The second image shows the same data without hillshading and squared off at +/- 180°.
  • I've created an extended image that if it were projected without wrapping would give me the result I'm after - see attached jpeg
  • bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    As far as I can tell, using that registry entry should still get rid of the range check for the Times projection.  Do you have the DisableProjRangeCheck flag set to 1 in the registry?