Raster options - transparent color

STHSTH Global Mapper UserPosts: 434Trusted User
edited November 2007 in Suggestion Box
Problem with ECW-files is that the background is not all black/white (ie 0-0-0 or 255-255-255). We are now able to set white as a background - however I want to be able to select more background colors. Either by adding one and one color or add a range of colors. For instance all pixels with values between 240-240-240 and 255-255-255 will be threated as background colors.

This makes it possible to merge several ECW- files that overlaps without having a white-ish edge at the end of the map- areas.

Comments

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited November 2007
    We have just added an option to allow similar colors to the one marked as transparent to be treated as transparent as well. I have placed a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper9.zip with the change for you to try. Simply download that file and extract the contents into your existing v9.xx installation folder to give it a try. The new option is right next to the existing transparency option.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • STHSTH Global Mapper User Posts: 434Trusted User
    edited November 2007
    Wow, thats fast. It works fairly good with ECW-files I see. When selecting 255-255-255 not all white border colors gets selected. However moving it to 240-240-240 removes all the pixels around the area. Unfortunately also some of the white pixels within the image - but I have to live with that:)