Global Mapper Pro

Issues with statistics reports

Deanna
Deanna Global Mapper User
I've been noticing some issues with stats reporting lately. For instance, I just ran stats on a buffer layer to determine the total enclosed area.  It was the only layer open. The stats report gave two populated fields. The total enclosed area (ha) was incorrect and the correct total area was found in the Lidar Point Count field (I don't have any LiDAR loaded in this workspace).  This is not the first time I've noticed field name issues in stats reports since I upgraded to 17.0. I'm running 17.0 64bit on a Windows 7 system. 

Answers

  • bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    I was not able to reproduce this problem.  I ran Analysis->Create Layer Statistics Report... against a layer containing a single buffer feature.  The resulting .csv file contains the correct area in the enclosed area field, and a zero in the Lidar Point Count field.

    I recommend getting the latest release of Global Mapper to determine if what you are seeing is a bug has already been fixed. If the problem persists in the latest release, then your best bet is to send an e-mail describing your workflow and the results (error message, etc.), with a copy of your sample data, to Blue Marble Geographics support (geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com). This will ensure that the support team sees the problem and can provide a timely response. Thank you.
Sign In or Register to comment.