Global Mapper Pro

Exporting 3D mesh

Hi all,
I am still very new to this piece of software so please excuse me if it's an obvious process.
I am working with elevation data from the Japanese geo institute (i put an example of it attached here) that is divided in tiles.
Global mapper import everything very well and i can generate slope shaders and every image i need to analyse the land for my purpose.
I need to then build a 3d mesh based on this data; so far I used another software in which I use the gradation shader image to displace a mesh.
It would be really nice to be able to export it directly as a 3d model from inside GM so I could avoid possible mistakes in sizes or other things to achieve better data usage.
Could somebody guide me through the steps to do this (if possible starting from this kind of data)?
I guess it should be possible because I can visualize the 3d of this data with no problem inside GM.
Thanks for your time
Best regards.

Best Answer

• JeffH@BMG
    JeffH@BMG Global Mapper Developer
    Accepted Answer
    Hello Michele,

You should be able to load this data into Global Mapper, and export it to the STL format. The way to do the export is via the menu selection: File / Export / Export 3D Format. Choose STL (ASCII Text or Binary) File, and make appropriate selections on the dialog that pops up.

Hope that this helps.

Best regards,

~Jeff