3D window in split window in GM 17

JSLJSL Global Mapper UserPosts: 391Trusted User
Hi, I'm experimenting with the split map view, and it would be nice if there could be a way to access the settings of the 3D window besides the menu bar.  I'm trying to raise the water level in the 3D view, and since I can't access the settings menu, I have to keep clicking on the Raise Water Level icon till it gets to the height I want.

Best Answer

• bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 1,834
    Answer ✓
    JSL said:
    So if I want to change the properties, I have to manually expand the map view, and then manually restore it to the previous size once I've got the settings the way I want them.  Kind of clunky, but it works.
    It appears that the toolbar is too long for your view.  You should still be able to right-click on the 3D view and use the Properties item on the context menu so you can avoid having to expand your window.

Answers

• bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 1,834
    You should have a toolbar with a Properties button on the top of the 3D view, and the right-click context menu should contain the Properties... item, so you can bring up the 3D View Properties dialog where you can set the water level to a specific value.  Is the Properties button missing, or are you looking for something else?

I recommend getting the latest release of Global Mapper (17.0.2) or the latest daily build, if you have not done so already.
  • JSLJSL Global Mapper User Posts: 391Trusted User
    Hi Bob, I'm using a trial version of GM 17 that I downloaded on Sunday.  I see what the problem is--the properties button is not visible on the righthand screen below until I increase the window size by dragging on the left margin.  So if I want to change the properties, I have to manually expand the map view, and then manually restore it to the previous size once I've got the settings the way I want them.  Kind of clunky, but it works.
  • JSLJSL Global Mapper User Posts: 391Trusted User
    Right clicking works--thanks!