Global Mapper Pro

3D window in split window in GM 17

JSL
JSL Global Mapper UserTrusted User
Hi, I'm experimenting with the split map view, and it would be nice if there could be a way to access the settings of the 3D window besides the menu bar.  I'm trying to raise the water level in the 3D view, and since I can't access the settings menu, I have to keep clicking on the Raise Water Level icon till it gets to the height I want.

Best Answer

• bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    Accepted Answer
    JSL said:
    So if I want to change the properties, I have to manually expand the map view, and then manually restore it to the previous size once I've got the settings the way I want them.  Kind of clunky, but it works.
    It appears that the toolbar is too long for your view.  You should still be able to right-click on the 3D view and use the Properties item on the context menu so you can avoid having to expand your window.

Answers

• bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    You should have a toolbar with a Properties button on the top of the 3D view, and the right-click context menu should contain the Properties... item, so you can bring up the 3D View Properties dialog where you can set the water level to a specific value.  Is the Properties button missing, or are you looking for something else?

I recommend getting the latest release of Global Mapper (17.0.2) or the latest daily build, if you have not done so already.
  • JSL
    JSL Global Mapper User Trusted User
    Hi Bob, I'm using a trial version of GM 17 that I downloaded on Sunday.  I see what the problem is--the properties button is not visible on the righthand screen below until I increase the window size by dragging on the left margin.  So if I want to change the properties, I have to manually expand the map view, and then manually restore it to the previous size once I've got the settings the way I want them.  Kind of clunky, but it works.
  • JSL
    JSL Global Mapper User Trusted User
    Right clicking works--thanks!