Exporting to Garmin Maps or GPS

KinnieKinnie Global Mapper UserPosts: 15Trusted User
I am trying to export a *.tiff image to Garmin Maps or via the GPS (Send Raster Maps to Connected GPS Device) without any success.  

An error message is displayed that indicates an unsupported process.  See image attached below. 

I never had such a problem in GM 16 or earlier.  

I need to get this sorted out urgently.  Please advise.  

Kind regards,

Kinnie

Answers

• bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 2,180
    This problem has been fixed in the latest release of Global Mapper
  • KinnieKinnie Global Mapper User Posts: 15Trusted User
    Thanks Bob.  Does your link point at a newer build of V17?   Trying to download it now.  Sitting in Bunia in the Eastern DRC - data comms a luxury .....
    Kinnie said:
    Does your link point at a newer build of V17?   Trying to download it now.  Sitting in Bunia in the Eastern DRC - data comms a luxury .....
    Yes, it does.  It is 17.0.2, and it contains the solution for the problem that you encountered.
  • KinnieKinnie Global Mapper User Posts: 15Trusted User
    Thanks Bob.  Downloaded, installed and first custom map on two GPS's.  All working.  Thank you for the fast response.  Cheers from Bunia, DRC.  
  • chrisdotpychrisdotpy Global Mapper User Posts: 2
    What was the latest build this worked in? It did work in the earlier GM16 builds but it is broken in Global Mapper v16.2.7 (b092515) [64-bit] - REGISTERED.

I don't have the cash to upgrade at the moment so a link to an older installer would be useful.
    Hello,

You can get a release of Global Mapper 16 with a fix for this problem here: http://data.bluemarblegeo.com/downloads/global-mapper/dailybuilds/16.2

Cheers,

Bob