Global Mapper Pro

Address search affects screen

kentman
kentman Global Mapper UserTrusted User
This started happening (as far as I remember) in version 16 and it happens in v17 also and I can't figure out what the issue is.  If I click on search>find address the screen goes opaque and I can't get it to be solid again.  This happened on a previous laptop so both in Win V7 Pro and 8.1 - see screen shot for effect. I have to re-start GM to stop it happening - anyone else get this?
Tagged:

Comments

• bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    I ran a quick test, but was not able to reproduce the problem.  What kind of data do you have loaded?  Does this happen as soon as you click on the Search->Find Address menu item, or after you enter an address and click OK?  I also recommend making sure you are using the latest release of both Global Mapper 16 and 17.

• kentman
    kentman Global Mapper User Trusted User
    Hi Bob.  I am running the latest and as this happened on another laptop I did some more digging and it seems to be my video card (nvidia).  When it happens I've found that right clicking at the top of the screen the 'transparent' option is ticked, untick it and I get rid of the transparency however, I've been into the nvidia settings and can't find how to turn it off!