Global Mapper Pro

Problem with image export when using "Colour Elevations Based on Visible Elevation Values"

geomannie
geomannie Global Mapper UserTrusted User
I find the option for "Colour Elevations Based on Visible Elevation Values" a very useful display tool. I have found a problem with it however.

When I export an image format and select the "crop to selected area feature(s)" option, the dynamic elevation shading is lost. As examples, I attach 2 images. One was made from the "capture screen contents to image" option and has the dynamic shading. The second was made by exporting an image cropped to a selected area feature. Here the dynamic shading is absent. It would great if this could be fixed. Is this a know bug/feature?

Thanks

Bob

Best Answer

• bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    Accepted Answer
    I ran a quick test using Global Mapper 17.0.2, and both output images showed the proper colors.  I recommend first that you make sure that you have the latest release of Global Mapper.  If the problem persists in the latest release, then your best bet is to send an e-mail describing your workflow (in detail) and the results, with a copy of your sample data, to Blue Marble Geographics support (geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com). This will ensure that the support team sees the problem and can provide a timely response. Thank you.

Answers

• geomannie
    geomannie Global Mapper User Trusted User
    Hi

Thanks for investigating.  I have downloaded the latest build and the problem remains with me, though I have investigated a bit further. When I export an image having selected the "crop to selected area feature(s)" option, the dynamic elevation scaling is lost, except when I export the image as a pdf. Does this make any sense to you?

I will email geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com to see if they can help.

Cheers

Bob